Here we go again, Baileys in the kitchen and its not being used for drinking!!
This time I thought I would give baking a whirl, Im not the worlds best baker. I have had some terrible outcomes when it comes to baking, frankly its a shot to my womanhood. BUT I can make a delicious cupcake. So its a kind of a win. When making these I did reach a little glitch when my 10 year old mixer decided to die (RIP buddy, your mixing up in heaven) so this was all created by hand. I can tell you now that having a mixer is way better than by hand and is way less frustrating. Anyways give this a go they pair nicely with a coffee and catchup with friends…..
75g softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup water
1 tbs cocoa powder
2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup Baileys
Butter Cream Icing
2 tbsp Baileys
125g softened butter
4 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 170°C and line cupcake pan with liners
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy, then add egg and Vanilla – mix well
- In another bowl, mix the Baileys, water and cocoa
- In another bowl sift the flour
- Once the flour is sifted, add the flour to the batter gradually alternatively with the Baileys and cocoa mixture. Mix well after each addition.Start and end with he dry flour .
- Fill the cupcake liners until about 3/4 full and bake for 20 minutes until the tops spring back when touched lightly or put a toothpick in the centre of each cupcake and if the toothpick comes out clean they’re ready.
- Cook on cooling rack until completely cool before icing
- When cupcakes are cooled start making the icing. Mix the butter and slowly add in the icing sugar until the mix is lumpy.
- Once the mix is lumpy slowly add in the Baileys to smooth it out ( add more Baileys if needed). Make sure the mixture is smooth and fluffy – but still bit firm.
- Put in piping bag and pipe icing on the cupcakes (so it can look nice and fancy)
- Enjoy these bad boys!